- Coral Gables Hospital, Coral Gables, Florida(Chief of Service1999-‘01)
- Mercy Hospital, Miami, Florida
- Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Miami, Florida
- Bayside Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Louisiana State University, Department Of Ophthalmology (Cornea, External Diseases & Refractive Surgery Fellowship, New Orleans, Louisiana July 1995-June 1996)
- University of Missouri, Truman Medical Center, Dept. of Ophthalmology (Ophthalmology Residency, Kansas City, Missouri July 1992-June 1995)
- University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital (Internal Medicine Internship, Miami, Florida , July 1991-June 1992)
- Tulane Medical School, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Medical Doctor, August 1991
- Tulane University New Orleans, Louisiana
- Master of Anatomy, August 1990
- Bachelor of Science, June 1986
- Belen Jesuit Preparatory High School, Miami, Florida, June 1982
- Diplomate, American Board of Ophthalmology
- Medical Licensure, Florida 1996-present
- Medical License, Louisiana 1991-2000
- Federal Licensing Examination (FLEX), 1991
Coral Gables Hospital, Chief of Ophthalmology 1999-2001
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Miami Ophthalmologic Society
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Coral Gables Hospital, Chief of Ophthalmology 1999-2001
- Tulane University, Departmental Honors in Biology Dean’s List, Tulane University
- Alpha Epsilon Delta, Pre-Medical Honor Society 1985-86
- Beta Beta Beta National Honor Society , Vice-President 1984-86
Research & Publications
- Tulane Medical School, Department of Anatomy, Electron Microscope Research, 1987-89.
- Masters Thesis: “The Anatomical Distribution, Morphology and Stress Response of Extra-adrenal Chromaffin Tissue in Young Rabbits”.
- Tulane University, Department of Biology Research in experimental embryology.September 1984-June 1986.
- Honor Thesis: “Lucifer Yellow Dye-Coupling Patterns Observed in Xenopus Embryos”.
- Galindez, O: Ocular manifestation of Systemic Diseases. Presented at the fifteenth international Cuban Medical Association Congress. July 1, 1999.
- Galindez O and Kaufman H: “EDITORIAL: Coping With the Itchy-Burnies: The Management of Allergic Conjunctivitis”. Ophthalmology. 1996; 103: 1335-1336.
- Landa A, McKinley L, Ramsey J, Galindez O: Sweet’s Syndrome and Acute Leukemia. Consultant. March 1995; 35: 415.
- Amendola M, Casillas J, Joseph R, Auntun R, Galindez O; Fournier’s Gangrene: Computer tomographic Findings. Abdominal Imaging. 1994; 199: 471-474.
- Galindez O and Mascorro J. (1990): The effects of hypothermia on paraganglion chromaffin cells: Comparison to the adrenal medulla. Anatomical Records.
- Abstract presented at the 10th Annual Meeting of the American Association of Anatomist in Philadelphia, PA.
- Mascorro J and Galindez O: Anatomical and morphological study of extraadrenal chromaffin tissue in young rabbits pre- and post stress. Abstract of the Society for Neurosciences 14 (2) 1988: 1320.